1. Did you know that if you took all of the cigarettes that were smoked during the recording and production of “F MINUS” and lined them up that they would reach…nowhere! Because nobody in 3 Minute Hero would ever do something so icky as smoke a cigarette.
2. “Little Dog” was actually a song that was made up to remember the opening “Winter of discontent” soliloquy in “Richard III,” but was later changed when I discovered that not even Shakespeare can compete with the sudden realization that a Chihuahua is trying to talk to me. Through the TV screen.
3. Does the following quotation refer to Jonathon’s beard or the mighty Musk Ox?
“The outer hairs, called guard hairs, cover a second, shorter undercoat that provides additional insulation in winter. This undercoat falls out when temperatures climb at winter’s end.”
If you said, “both,” you are correct.
4. Jay is pretty much the German Lenny Kravitz.
5. Keyboardist Dan Frost once had a personal valet named Dan Arlig and bass player Dan Arlig once had a scullery maid named Dan Frost. Believe it, or not!
6. I truly and honestly don’t remember what the song “Happy” is about, but Paul and I laughed so hard at the end of it that I may have disrupted abdominal scar tissue from stomach surgery I had four years ago. So that laughter you hear at the end is completely genuine and is now causing me continuous, low-grade pain. The things we do for art.
7. As a horn section, we recorded everything on the album in precisely one take. It took maybe 42 minutes. Tops. Eric, having foreseen this utter mastery, brought along all of the ingredients and equipment to make miniature creme brulees for all who were present. Bryce crafted delightful little spun sugar birds’ nests for the top of each dessert. It was the perfect end to a magical evening.